When it comes to Pearls, we all have this image of it as the epitome of elegance and glamour, but that image has been turned on its head. Pearls were the trends of yesteryear known for their royalty and grandeur, but their relevance has changed to be more fashionable, chic, and casual for millennials.
They can be dressed down while still maintaining the sleek, chic edge that many young people want. Pearl necklaces aren’t just for formal occasions or evening engagements anymore. Pearl necklaces come in various styles, and depending on the length of the necklace and the size, color, and shape of the pearls can be styled on uncountable events. Check out the things you need to reckon before buying a pearl necklace.
Pearl necklaces usually come in three different sizes. Check each one’s distinctions to know when and how to style them to perfection. Shorter, layered choker-style necklaces are usually considered dressier because they draw attention and seem more formal. It’s best to skip the layered pearl choker if you’re aiming for a laid-back look. It actually appears to be very well-dressed.
The classic 16- to 18-inch pearl necklace, on the other hand, is perfect for wearing with a casual top and possibly a pair of jeans. This length falls just below or at the level of your neck, giving it a relaxed appearance. For everyday wear, a woman wearing a princess-length pearl strand 16 to 18 inches in length is ideal.
Longer necklaces look great with casual ensembles. Without going overboard, layering a few different lengths and sizes looks stunning with your outfit.
Large pearl necklaces, like South Sea ones, appear to be statement pieces and, as such, will attract more attention to your jewelry than you’re shooting for. They’re particularly ideal for high-end events. Find the best match for the size of pearls that you are happy with.
Pearls come in a variety of colors, with white and off-white being the most common. Apart from the standard colors, the market for pearl jewel is adorned with colors such as Gold, black, and pink. When it comes to selecting colors, one must rely on pearls in pastel colors. They look relaxed and add a splash of color to your outfit. Consider a white summer dress with a lavender pearl strand. I am sure the mental picture would allow you to get what we’re saying?
The added advantage of selecting colored pearls is that they have an undertone resemblance that is simpler to wear. These subtle pastel colors also go with a variety of outfits. Just ensure that whichever color you select must suit your skin tone, style, and complexion.
A Few Guidelines for Wearing Pearls Casually
Wearing a pearl necklace effortlessly is all about looking, well, casual. If you wear too much jewelry or choose pieces that aren’t appropriate for a relaxed environment, this goal will be defeated. Check out these guidelines to make your decision:
- Keep your pearl necklace plain, as this will look more refined and casual than one that is simply too intricate for everyday wear.
- Fit the neckline of your top or dress to the necklace. There are no hard and fast rules here; just go for what looks fine.
- Long pearls that spill over strapless or off-the-shoulder tops create a chic, balanced look.
- A choker or princess-length pearl necklace will look beautiful with a crew, boat or scoop cut necklines.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that if your top is light-colored, a darker-colored pearl strand will stand out and provide pleasant color contrast. If the top is dark in color, light-colored pearls will look great with it.
- It’s better to wear pearl necklaces with a solid-colored top or dress rather than one with a busy print to make them look their best. This will bring out the pearls’ full beauty.
- If pearl necklaces are too much ‘pearl’ for you, try a pair of dangle drop pearl earrings or pearl studs to add some charm to your casual outfit without going overboard.
We all know that buying the La Peregrina can neither be pocket-friendly nor is it in our luck. So, to ensure that you can affordably stow your love for pearls, we have bought a whole collection of pearl necklaces. These pearls are woven together in a choker necklace and earrings by the natives of America. Visit Jazron LLC and buy the best at an affordable price.